Thursday 29 July 2010

Handbags and Hussifs :)

Helllooooo folks, hope everyone is well and been stitching to their hearts content :)


sorry not updated blog for awhile but I have been a very busy mouse with one thing and another in fact if you could see the state of my craft room and kitchen and living room I think peeps will send the cleaning fairies to help me ..lol


There are fabrics and notions (ooo I like that word ..lol) and rulers and pins every where  and the iron is on constantly atm as I have been having a finishing session and a making session over these last few weeks .... my place resembles as sewing factory heheeheheh.


It started because I received an email saying that they may ban rucksacks at the stitching shows I attend ,now in case you didn't know I have to use crutches to walk around these days (I have a wheelchair on the way with a special request for spikes on it like Ben Hur..lol) for those folks who cheese me off by ignoring the fact that I am a real and occasionally intelligent ! mouse who just happens to need a chair to get round large places.


 Well this got my thinking head on and I came up with making my travelling stitcher from LHNS into a patchwork bag :) a rather large one to boot too ..lol anyway here are the pictures for you to have a nosy at :)
on the left is the back and then the finished bag on the right :) 


I'm fairly new to the patchwork scene but I think that this has turned out pretty well seeing as I made the pattern up as I went along :) 
Ooooooo I have just remembered I made Gillie one of my fellow mods a wee patchwork bag  as when she decided to come across the pond a few months ago she saw one that I had made for Karen and said "any time mouse any time" so i found the any time heheh and did it...... here it is :)


As the sewing machine was out I also finished the A stitch a square a week along (ASAWAL) for short that was designed by Abi and Val of the friendly stitchers which was stitched over the whole of last year I put the last stitches in on new years eve :) I wanted to make it into a wall hanging since I started the design so this is what I did to finish it off...........unfortunately the dowelling rod is a tad to small but you get the idea ..lol
then I carried on while I was on a roll and made up the Beau Bands sampler  that Abi had designed for us too so here is the finished Hussif :) 
to the right is the inside view of the Hussif and the next picture is the outside . It rolls up a bit like a jewellery roll and will fit very nicely inside my new bag :)
I have also been doing a bit of  cross stitch too but as I'm working on things for a secret exchange and a book mark exchange I'm afraid you will have to wait and see those in a later post once I know they have been received by my partners :) 


My poor suffering DH is now groaning over his wallet tee hee as I have found a lovely little patchwork shop at the local garden centre which I and my MIL go to a lot ...lol ..... it has a lot of very nice scrummy fabrics and I can feel a wee purchase or two coming up next time we go hahahaha.


My baby chickens are now just over a month old and have grown sooo much since I last posted and are almost ready to go out into the big wide allotment where there is a pen set up ready for them .... I shall miss their tweeting and chirping at me every time I go into the garage have got quite attached to a couple or them to me ..lol . This photo was taken only a couple of days ago and they are even bigger now :)


Other than all this  I have been enjoying my wee garden and have been watching all the bumble bees that have been on my lavender bush  and have tried to take some pictures of them so I shall leave you for today with one of my snaps of them :) take care on and all and squeak to you all soon :)
Love mouse xxxxxxx



7 comments:

DJ said...

Oh Mouse, you have been a busy lady! What lovely things you have finished! I think you should go into business!! Your ASAWSAL is beautiful, and your bag will be perfect for your stash enhancement travels! I LOVE what you did with your Beau Bands!! Your chickys are just too cute...and the picture of your bee is amazing. You must really be enjoying your garden! Thanks for sharing (and a letter should be on its way!) *Hugs*

Gillie said...

Darn it, I knew I forgot something on the post I just did, a picture of my Thursday bag that dear Mouse sent me - it was a major cheerer upper just when needed, I can tell you!

Gorgeous pics and you have encouraged me to get on with something, will show tomorrow!

Val said...

Lovely work Mouse - well done .... Val x

Sally said...

I have just come across your blog via Gillie's. Absolutely love your Travelling Stitcher bag and the bag you made for Gillie is gorgeous.Your other finishes are lovely too.

Mouse said...

Hi girls thank you for your lovely messages:)
Hello Sally waving small paw, glad you like the bags and other stuff it keeps me out of mischief ..lol
DJ I got the the letter Friday woooo hooo :)
Hope everyone else is able to stitch to their hearts content :)
love mouse xxxxx

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a wonderful lot of sewing and stitching you have been up to. Great job on everything! My mom has a friend who sells 'fresh' eggs once in a while, and it is amazing how much better they taste. Have a fine, fun weekend!

Raven/Missy said...

You have been a very busy Mouse! Your bags look fantastic as does the Beau Bands Huswife. You are quite talented at finishing your stitching into usable items. Your chickens are adorable and growing so fast!
Enjoy your patchwork sewing, it is a lot of fun :)