Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 8 of challenge

Today started off quite nice and sunny but cold here and I decided before I got down to a bit of stitching I would do some of the *H* word heheheh so I ran the hoover round the living room floor and the kitchen , did the few pots and then said that's enough for today hahahaha.


I settled down to start on the Winter Whites by LHN. I am  stitching it on 28 count Flax linen and started using the sampler threads oatmeal that was recommended to find that it seemed to be disappearing into the fabric colour AGHHHHHHH noooooo I was heard to mutter under my breath ...lol so I again raided my stash of threads and came out with a couple of alternatives  and chose Vanilla Gloriana silk as what seemed to be the best of what I had got .....


So I stitched and stitched and mmmmmm'd n ahhh'd and I'm still not entirely happy that it is the right colour choice even now :(   it still seems to disappear into the fabric colour too much .... I've tried to take some decent picture s but hasn't worked out very good either 


But here is where I got up to ..... all comments much appreciated on this one as I think I am going to have to un stitch and start again .....
Day 8 Winter Whites LHN
My eldest dd has been creating on Photo shop and has put together this collage of pictures of my "smalls" that have been stitched by myself or my friends on friendly stitchers for me :)


she has also been crafting a prototype of invite for her Halloween party she is organising for this year  and raiding my craft stuff to boot !!!!
not this wonky really ..lol






Ok I have just got a cuppa made for me :) so I shall go and enjoy it and get on with something else like reading one or two blogs heheheh
happy stitching and looking forward to any comments 
love mouse xxxxx

3 comments:

Tricia T said...

Isn't it frustrating when the color of your fabric or floss isn't quite what you pictured?? DD did Winter Whites for me on a tan/mocha colored fabric and it turned out lovely. Good luck deciding. You might end up liking it more as you stitch some of the other colors... :-)

Pete's Pixie said...

Oooh been there done that - think Cheyenne Winter .... Still I love the collage Jo has done for us - very clever daughter you have there! Hugs, Ally xx

DJ said...

Oh...that's a toughie, Mouse, without seeing it in person. You can see it, it's very subtle if you like that look. Me...I like a little more contrast, but that's just me. Love the collage your daughter made, she's as creative as her Mum!! And her invitation for Halloween is too cute! (Reminds me of the days when I was in sorority and we had to come up with unique invitations for things). Can't wait to see what you get up to tomorrow! *Hugs*