Monday 26 August 2013

tales from a stitching mouse ...lol

Hi every one .... I am sure that there is a time machine that steals the time between posts away so that you think you have only just done one but realize it was actually a few weeks back ....
So much has happened that you may want to grab your cuppa (or choice of brew) and there is some "Bakewell " tart  fresh from Bakewell today ... more on that later on :) and pull up your chair and get comfy .... are you ready ??? then I shall begin .....
Hermitting weekend was fabulous for me as I managed to get not one but two finishes in ... both were RR's from the Friendly Stitchers RR group :) I managed to finish my sections on Lynda's which was the Plum Street Samplers Halloween Horn book and I did the wee pumpkin at the bottom of the piece .... and Sally's (no blog) she had chosen a wee mandela ... this was the first time I had worked on one and quite enjoyed the challenge of the bit I did :) both of these I had to stitch sideways as they stitch differently from me ... luckily the next one from Gillie will be the right way up for a change heheheh... I dug out Afternoon Tea (Haed ) and did two hours worth on it ...over one on 25 count  is a lot better than working on over one on 40 count hehehehe ... doesn't look much does it ... *sigh only a  few too many to mention pages to go ...lol
I worked on the Pumpkin Cottage by CCN and actually finished it last night ... another 2012 crazy off my list whooop whoop :)  see this mouse wiggle ..... hehhe 
I have also managed to put some more stitches into ABCD by La d Da as well and its is coming along lovely :) not done any more on the Needleworker as we didn't get to stitch this week ... we changed it as I wasn't going to be there on the Thursday but unfortunately Chris had to cancel due to being unwell ....
One of the reasons I wasn't going to be there was I was asked if I would go over to our offices in Hessle nr Hull to train up the new Administrator there *waves to Sophie .... sooo not being one to pass up an opportunity being as I was in the area I spoke to Sally and asked if I could pop in for a cuppa .... she said not a problem as long as I brought my WIP's to show her ...  as she wasn't sure I could get all my craft room goodies in my car ...lol 
Sooo Thursday night saw me myself and I and of course my mouse mobile trundling off to Sally's pad  and boy by the time I got there I was in dire need of that promised cuppa and a cookie or two ..lol . I arrived dot on 7.30 and we spent the next few hours chatting and giggling (thanks to Sally's DD)  ooooing and ahhhing over all her wonderful stitching that is in every nook and cranny , I got to say hello to Wesley , Tea and Crumpet came out to say hello too but then scurried off to go and play with Sally's glasses while I got out my bag of Wip's  and then it was Sally's turn to oooo and ahhhh :) We discovered we have very similar tastes in stitching and also in photography , she was rather taken with my Camera after we had prized it out of DD's hands ... she loved the paint effect and took a photo of Sally and I in soft focus ... 
My time there went far tooooo quickly and I hope that I will be able to get back soon to see them all again :) The drive back to the hotel was rather interesting to say the least ... as no one pays the electric bill over there ...lol it was pitch black 90% of the way and there was just me on the road back ....  and my phone had enough charge left in it to say Phew got back in one piece to both Sally n my DH ..... 
Today being Bank Holiday I was off and as its my friend Tina's birthday on Wednesday I took her to Bakewell ...hence the tart ...lol we had a wonderful day wandering round the market and shops , the weather was glorious and we popped into the garden center on the way back too ...  
and I have just realized I didn't show you the pin pillow for Peggy ... so see below ...lol  
soooo I shall pop the kettle on again and get the photos ready for you .....
Sally's mini mandela RRmy section is the fence and flowers
 from the blue water 

before stitching on Afternoon Tea

After stitching on Afternoon Tea (Haed )

Moon on Hermitting weekend

Lynda's RR 

my wee pumpkin

tea and cookies at Sally's 

Sally on the left and mouse on the right :)

having fun 

ooooo you look soooo near ...lol 

Wesley :)

View at breakfast at the Green Dragon in the Shire (hobbit)

Swan at Bakewell

Celebratory Hot Chocolates :)

and birthday cake too :)

Matlock Garden Centre

progress on ABCD ny La d Da 

Pumpkin Cottage CCN finished :)


Needle minders by Lisa 
My wee pillow to Peggy

goodies from Bakwell

and can you guess which shop I went into at Bakwell ..lol 
as you can see there are some Needle minders cleverly made by Lisa if you look closely you can see the details of how to get some .... and a wee warning they are addictive in a nice way hehehehhe....
ok doke I do think that is all for now folks .... I hope every one had a wonderful bank holiday  until next time take care and happy stitching :)
love mouse xxxxxxxx
ps couldn't leave you with out this photo..................
plum tuckered out  altogether now AWWWWWWWWWW :)



49 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Mouse, oh what a wonderful time you have had! Maybe next time I will get to come with you? lol!

Anna van Schurman said...

Great job on the finishes!

Heather said...

Yeah for your pumpkin cottage finish! !!! It looks like you had a great time with Sally. I love the photo of you two. Your other stitching looks great. Love your photos. :0)

Shirlee said...

Lucky you & Sally being able to spend some time together! That's a great photo of the both of you : )

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes Mouse. How fun to meet a fellow stitcher. Loved all the pics. Bentley looks so relaxed.

Linda

Margaret said...

What lovely stitching! So cool that you met Sally too! I love the pic of Bentley -- so cute! Mia says hi!

DJ said...

Awww... Bentley .... I would love to meet him and give him a pat!! Great post!! Loved the stitching, and the pin pillow is wonderful! Love the colors! How nice you got to meet Sally! Congratulations on the finish, it's lovely!! What kind of camera DO you have? It takes marvelous pictures! But you have the magical eye to see the great pics too! *Hugs*

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish. Lovely progress on your wips. Sounds like you had a great time with Sally. Great photos of your day out and new stash and of course Bentley.

Gillie said...

And soon you get to see me too! Lots of lovely stitching and food!

Ali said...

Morning ooh great post loving the halloween alphabet - your pumpkin is soooo cute. Right am off to find your post on Chatsworth as I've wangled a trip there and we are going to be staying at Matlock - obviously going to see Chatsworth house (well the gardens really) and other things to keep the kids occupied (as my teenager is soooo excited NOT to be going!! lol) however they dont know about my secret mission to visit some of the crafty shops you have mentioned hee hee hee!!

Brigitte said...

You were stitching up a storm having so many finishes and progress all over. Great job.
Your day with Sally must have been fantastic, I would have liked to join you and stitched and giggled with you.

Cath said...

Lovely pics . Sounds like you and Sally had a fab time . Greta stitching and I love the finish .x

Denise SA said...

Dear Mouse you seem to have had a very nice time lately. Was a bit worried as you didn't mention that shop in Bakewell but saw all was well as I read the post

Christine said...

How lovely that you got to spend time with Sally.
You've got some lovely stitching there too.
No, I can't begin to guess which shop you went in in Bakewell ;D

Bev said...

You are always 'gadding off' you are!!! and finding time to stitch in between. I see you called into wye needlecrafts, the material is lovely too. Hope I see you this week xx Bev

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your WIPs with us too :D

Chris said...

Great update. How lovely that you got to meet up with Sally.
Wonderful finishes and stitching.
Hugs to you and Bentley!

cucki said...

Congrats on the finishes...
How fun to meet a fellow stitcher. Loved all the pics....great picture of you and Sally...
I am trying to sew a mouse..hopefully soon I will finish him .
Hugs x

Peggy Lee said...

Love your stitching as always. So glad you got to spend time with another stitcher. I really enjoy it whenever I can do that. Would love to meet YOU!!
The picture of Tea and Crumpets looking through the glasses is just too funny and Wesley looks like a rat my son had years ago.
~hugs

butterfly said...

Oh mouse I have missed my cupper and cake, I was hoping you would save me some. I have had another busy weekend, your right some one is stealing our hours.
Well what can I say a post filled with wonderful stitching lots of goodies and friends what could be better hugs.

Rhona said...

Oooo, bakewell....my favourite! We really need to find out who's pinching these hours and days from us, it's really becoming a problem - I don't seem to be able to get anything done these days!
Love all your pics (and stitching!), it's always such a pleasure to visit your blog!

Anonymous said...

love the tiny fence and hedge on the mandala, gorgeous moon you had there. no wonder you hermitted so well.
the more blogs I read, the more I seem to be dragged towards Halloween, who am I to blame for this, I wonder. ;)
your mice look sweet and fluffy. as for Wesley, he is sweet and fluffy!
the Shire, hahaha!
those hot chocolates! and the cake! argh! I'm trying to stay on a diet here, mouse!!
LOVE the owl fabric you found and Bakewell, and what a sweet gift you made for Peggy.
Bentley's locks are the best.
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara
(Pumpkin cottage mysteriously ended up in my cart)

Vickie said...

What a lovely post Mouse. Such a nice picture of you and Sally. =)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

It's always fun to have a visit here at the Mouse house! Love the picture of you two. Oh to have been a fly on the wall. Have a great week!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've done a lot of wonderful stitching since I last stopped by!

Looks like you had a wonderful visit with Sally.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Enjoyed your posting. Great progress on all projects. Enjoyed all the pictures.

Daffycat said...

I read this post. The whole thing. Then, I got to the fabric-showing-off photo and I'm all, "OMG, look at the owls! I love the owls fabric! Those are the cutest owls, I have ever seen!" and I forgot everything else you said...

Not really, but I do love that fabric. Awesome!

Karyn said...

What a great catch up post...I loved it!
You and Sally are just gorgeous...I adore our beautiful Mouse :)
Bakewell is an actual bakery? I use Bakewell powder in my biscuits and scones, it's wonderful.
Hugs from across the pond
Ma

Annette-California said...

Glad you made to Sally's and met her in person. How wonderful! Love the pretty photo of the 2 of you. Beautiful stitching and incredible gifts you got. Loved your post and all the lovely photos too:)
love Annette

Lois said...

Great reading over my morning cuppa! Looks like you and Sally had a lovely time. Glad you got back safely!

Sally said...

Helloooo! I'm hear at last catching up with you! Lovely progress on all your stitching. It was lovely to see you, the mice and your stitching. I hope you'll be over this again one day. I hope the mice didn't get too scared looking through my glasses lol!

Hmmmm how did I know you just wouldn't be able to resist something from the shop that must not be named lol!

Awww Bentley is so sweet.

Sally said...

Forgot to say I'm still trying to decide which camera! Lol. Was very impressed by yours so thinking about the newest one with the tilting LCD screen.

Andrea said...

Aww Master Bentley. A great post and some great stitching.

Melanie said...

Lovely lovely photos! Sounds you had a great time! :)

Julie said...

A lovely post, lots to see.
Looks like you and Sally had a fun time together.
Beautiful stitching as always.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Great newsy post as always, your finishes are lovely and your Hallowe'en pieces and the Hermitting Moon are aptly looking very spooky :P Sounds like you had a great trip, I am envious of that hot chocolate! Aw indeed @ Master Bentley, he has such floofy ears!!! So cute :)

Maggee said...

As usual, a wonderful post, as if we were sitting together and talking and sharing! Some great stitches and wonderful trips! You can travel a short distance and be in another COUNTRY! Here we would just be in another County! That amazes me! Hugs!

Maureen said...

Oh glad you had a good weekend. Love those hot chocolates!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for the Bakewell Tart!

Love the CCN Cottage and the Mandala RR. That's a new one to me. They look much smaller than my current RR; the Large Mirabilia - each block is 5000 stitches but we do get twice as long to stitch. Phew!

Michelle said...

Lovely post Mouse with some lovely photos. I think it would be wonderful if all us stitcher's could get together at some point and enjoy a day stitching x

Catherine said...

Fab post, Mouse!! It's always fun to see what you have been up to. Great pics of everything and how fun for you and Sally to get together!

Meari said...

Beeeeutiful stitching. :)

Those hot chocolates look so scrumptious!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love all your photos, especially the one of the moon--so cool! Congrats on your finishes, and the WIPs look like they're coming along nicely. Love the needle minders--they were meant for you, weren't they? I've got the Happy Chirp Chirp Day chart from The Trilogy, too. Be interesting to see who stitches it first!

Teresa said...

You think you have a time between posts, I will not even mention my last one. I am now trying hard to get caught again. Enjoyed reading past posts and seeing your beautiful stitching (loved the pumpkin cottage) and being part of your fun adventures.
I will try and not stay away so long again.

Simply Victoria said...

Always fun to read along with your adventures and see your stitching progress. Sounds like a fun visit with Sally.

Anne said...

Awww! I love that photo of you and Sally! So sweet! Looks like the two of you had a lovely time together. So many wonderful projects you have on the go. I adore that photo of the swan and Bakewell. Definitely a photo worth framing!! The last photo of Master Bentley is toooooo adorable!! BIG SNUGGLES FOR HIM!! xoxo!

Solstitches said...

I enjoyed this post very much Mouse.
So nice to see that lovely picture of you and Sally together. Looks as though you had a great time :)
Lovely stitchy finishes. Your Pumpkin Cottage is gorgeous and I love the pillow you stitched for Peggy. It is so pretty.
Ahhhhh, I think you must have been to Wye Needlecraft. I have many happy memories of going there!
Margaret

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like you and Sally had a delightful visit! It also looks like you've had an extremely busy and productive few weeks!

Stitching Noni said...

Looks like you and Sally had a wonderful time :)
Love your cottage finish and the cute little pillow :)
Looks like you have been busy with your stitching and the RR's :)