Saturday 17 September 2016

Jo's Big Birthday Blog Hop

Happpppyyyyy birthday Jo :)

Jo of  www.serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk has a BIGGGG birthday happening today, she has organised a Blog hop where she has given us a year and some fun facts of herself at that year and we have to say a bit about us in that year too ...

1994 - Jo was 28.  She continued to enjoy her new hobby of cross stitching and completed her first Teresa Wentzler designs in this year.  She started with the four corner pieces from The Fantasy Sampler and moved on to The Castle.  A real rite of passage for any fantasy fan.  Following a reorganisation at work Jo made a new friend who also loved stitching and the pair of them discovered the joys of the Needlework Shop on a trip to London.  Soon after an LNS opened a few hundred yards from Jo's office.  A new place to spend lunchtimes and pay packets!

In 1994 I was 28 too ..lol  I was busy working for "Supasnaps"  printing and developing films .. and sewing too .. doing cross stitch and making clothes
I was living in Selby near the historic town of York and around that time I am sure I went to my very first cross stitch show at Harrogate at the Showground in the cricket hut ... and I have been going ever since ...lol... my stash has grown considerably since then too hahahah ...
 I am trying to think what I have stitched that would appeal to Jo that I have stitched and think this one will as its a Halloweenee one .... I can't find my Just Nan peice on my camera sooo may have to remedy that before I post this hehehehe
ok i have searched the depths of my photos and I can't find it wahhhh but I am sure this one will appeal ... paws crossed .
Hope you have a fandabeedosy day and enjoy your wee gift I have sent too :)
love mouse xxxxxx

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Michelle, I enjoyed learning more of you AND Jo!! :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Birthday Blog Hop. Your present arrived yesterday, in the rain and I berated the postman for getting the envelope more wet than it needed to be! Luckily the bubblewrap inside protected the contents.
My stash has also grown since those days. Funny that!
Love the little Hallowe'en piece you've chosen too. Can you recall where it came from?

Bea said...

Enjoyed reading about you and Jo and that is a wonderful choice f stitchery for her.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I'm enjoying getting better acquainted with so many bloggers, both familiar and unfamiliar to me. Of course, you fall into the first category! Please cut me a piece of that cake. I'll be by for that, and a cuppa, in just a bit.

KimM said...

Great post - really enjoy learning more about my bloggy friends.
xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great post, Mouse! Thanks for sharing :D

Julie said...

A lovely post to help Jo celebrate her big birthday, lovely stitched piece you chose, the cake in the top pic does look yummy ....

gracie said...

Love all the pictures

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely post :o)
What a pretty piece to share ;o)
Hugs xx

Katie said...

I'm hopping by on the blog hop. What a great post. Thanks for sharing. Love your stitched piece.

Tiffstitch said...

Great stitched piece and so cool you were both cross stitching at the same time.

Brigitte said...

Another lovely post for Jo's birthday blog hop. And that cake you found for her is so delicious, it literally makes my mouth water, lol.

Elfie said...

I am slowly hopping through the birthday blog posts. I enjoyed reading your very interesting post. This is such a nice thing to be involved in.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

You shared a pretty piece of stitching.Was fun to read about you and Jo.